In 2023, The West Seattle Chamber of Commerce will be celebrating 100 years of incorporation. “Of the nearly 3900 incorporations filed in 1923, only 38 exist today” (Source: Washington Secretary of State) and the West Seattle Chamber is honored to be among the 1% still operating! In 1923, incorporating a business was quite a challenge. Incorporation paperwork was delivered to Olympia, Washington by horseback, steam wheeler, or train. Even if you owned a car the roads leading to Olympia were virtually impossible to navigate.
There are many ways that the West Seattle Chamber will be commemorating the Centennial—here are a few:
Special Edition Logo
A celebratory logo will be debuted on the Chamber social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) at midnight on December 31st, 2022. It was designed locally by Hanson Graphic Design.
Updated Westside Guide (Community Resource Guide)
The Westside Guide (formerly known as the Community Resource Guide) has been revised with an updated design, format and content. The new Guide has been distributed to 81 locations around Seattle to encourage people to visit the peninsula. Maps will also be distributed within West Seattle i.e. West Seattle Junction Association, The Grove, Marination Ma Kai, ArtsWest, C & P Coffee, Easy Street Records and more. You can download/view a digital version of the Westside Guide here: https://www.wschamber.com/westside-guide/.
“Visit West Seattle” Mobile App
In early 2023, the West Seattle Chamber will be launching a free mobile app thanks to the City of Seattle Office of Economic Development’s Neighborhood Economic Recovery Fund. The app will feature things to do, landmarks, entertainment, community centers, public art & murals, Seattle BIPOC-owned businesses and WS Chamber member restaurants/retailers.
Savor the Centennial – Limited Time Treats
Seasonally, there will be treats available locally from Chamber members. All profits from these fun consumables go directly to these businesses.
- MyNecessitea has created a limited edition “Cen-Tea-Nial” Golden Needle blend loose tea. Look for it in the tea display at MyNecessitea (3732B California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116).
- A 100 Year Beer brewed with centennial hops is coming Spring 2023 in partnership with Elliott Bay Brewing Co.
- A custom ice cream flavor made by and served at Husky Deli will be available Summer 2023.
If you are a West Seattle Chamber member who would like to offer a Centennial Celebration product this year, please let us know at email@example.com.
Upcoming Special Events:
- Chamber Annual Meeting | Thursday, January 26th, 2023 @ Alki Masonic Hall
- Cheers to 100 Years Chamber Birthday Party | Thursday, April 27th, 2023 @ Admiral Theater
- Annual Westside Awards | Tuesday, May 16th, 2023 @ South Seattle College
- Battle for West Seattle Softball Game – West Seattle Chamber vs. West Seattle Junction Association | Sunday, May 21st 2023 @ Mel Olson Stadium (Home of DubSea Fish Sticks)
If you have questions, please contact Whitney Moore, West Seattle Chamber Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.