WSCC Government Advocacy Committee
The Government Advocacy Committee’s (GAC) purpose is to support local West Seattle businesses with legislative challenges and opportunities
- Define and advocate the West Seattle Chamber of Commerce’s (WSCC) position on state and local governments’ legislative, regulatory, and policy matters in the interest of our members.
- Facilitate opportunities for members to have contact with their elected representatives.
- Inform and educate our members on issues that could potentially affect their interests.
- To be influential with local and state representatives on business issues
GAC Does Not
- Engage in any activity that is inconsistent with the WSCC bi-laws.
- Represent the interests of any individual member or outside entity.
Membership Requirements ∙
- Open to all active members of the Chamber
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Achievement of goals laid out in WSCC strategic plan ∙
- At a minimum, four face-to-face WSCC member education events per year ∙
- Monthly electronic WSCC member education communications
Key Roles & Responsibilities Chair(s) ∙
- Provides overall leadership for the Committee and is accountable for: ∙
- Achieving the committee’s objectives and KPI’s ∙
- Serving as the primary contact for the WSCC Executive Director and Board Members ∙
- Leading committee meetings ∙Delegating and maintaining effective committee roles and responsibilities
- Grooming and mentoring successors